A Place to Relax
Enjoy the Nature
Ducks at one the Lakes
Artist: Maria del Carmen Santamaría (Boquete)
Flowers in our Garden
Photo by Gordon Flash Robertson
The CEFATI building at the entrance to Bajo Boquete
Panama is diverse in its climate, nature and landscape.
If you like warm weather, the lowlands are good for you, but you'll most likely need air conditioning to stay cool, which brings with it higher energy costs.
The highlands such as Boquete, Volcán or Altos de María offer a cooler climate with temperatures that do not require heating or cooling.
Boquete offers a great mix of spring weather, lush nature, and small-town amenities with lots of international residents and visitors, thus plenty of good restaurants and decent places to shop.
Boquete, located in the western
highlands of Panama, is a popular tourist destination for several reasons. Here
are some of the main attractions and reasons why people visit Boquete:
1. Stunning Natural Beauty: Boquete is
nestled in the lush mountains of the Chiriquí Highlands, offering breathtaking
natural scenery. It is surrounded by cloud forests, rivers, waterfalls, and
picturesque landscapes. The area is known for its vibrant flora and fauna,
making it a paradise for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
2. Pleasant Climate: Boquete enjoys a mild and pleasant climate throughout the year due to its high elevation. The cool temperatures and lower humidity create an ideal environment, especially for those seeking relief from hot tropical weather. The comfortable climate also contributes to the cultivation of high-quality coffee, for which Boquete is famous.
3. Coffee Tourism: Boquete is renowned for its coffee production, particularly the Geisha coffee variety, considered one of the best in the world. Coffee enthusiasts can visit coffee farms, participate in tours, and learn about the coffee-making process from bean to cup. It's an opportunity to appreciate the art of coffee production and indulge in exquisite flavors.
4. Adventure and Outdoor Activities: Boquete is an adventure playground with numerous activities to satisfy thrill-seekers. From hiking and trekking in the cloud forests of Volcán Barú National Park to white-water rafting in the Chiriquí Viejo River, there are options for every adventure level. Zip-lining, rock climbing, birdwatching, and exploring hot springs are also popular activities.
A rainbow over the hills of Boquete
5. Flower and Orchid Gardens: Boquete
is home to a wide array of colorful flowers and orchids. The cool climate
provides an ideal environment for these delicate blooms to flourish. Visitors
can explore various gardens and nurseries to appreciate the stunning floral
displays, including the famous annual Boquete Flower and Coffee Festival.
6. Relaxation and Wellness: Boquete offers a tranquil and laid-back atmosphere, making it an ideal destination for relaxation and rejuvenation. The town has several spas and wellness retreats where visitors can indulge in massages, hot springs, and holistic treatments. The peaceful surroundings and stunning mountain views create a serene environment for unwinding.
7. Quaint Town and Cultural Experience: Boquete itself is a charming town with a welcoming community. Stroll through its streets, visit local markets, and experience the warm hospitality of the Panamanian people. The town has a vibrant arts and crafts scene, with artisans showcasing their work. Don't miss the opportunity to savor delicious Panamanian cuisine and local delicacies.
David Climate Data for 30 years (95 feet / 30m above sea level)
(data from World Meterological Organiation)
Los Naranjos (Bajo Boquete) Climate Data for 9 years
(3,937 feet / 1.200 m above sea level)
(data from worldclimate.com)
The sun has not yet risen completely. The air is fresh and there is profound peace.
This family is already awake, mother duck taking care of her ducklings.
Nature shows its beautiful colors.
There are still very few visitors admiring this beauty
Only Boquete's montains are already warmed by the sun. Left, the volcano Barú
Looks like someone got lost... where is mommy?
The volcano Barú dominates the horizon over the park
The park is very well maintained. Let's help keeping it such a beautiful place!